HaPPy NeW YeaR, you cute little bunnies!
I’m Dave, and I’m diving into 2020 with enthusiasm, hope, and a bit of trepidation, which is a big word that means I’m a little anxious about it, but not much. This is because I have enthusiasm, hope, and… MRS. DAVE, whose name is DORIAN DOREY.
She’s not only a poet, but she’s the Poet Laureate of my soul.
Speaking of which, I’ve been joined at the soul with that lady since 1989, so we have some history and we know each other pretty well. This is us…
As you can see, she has purple hair and tats. She’s that cool. I’m fairly plain on the outside, leaving all my color and creative expressionism on the inside. She has plenty of that inside her too, but she’s just better at being a walking canvas of expression and art, which is fine by me.
Sometimes I feel kind of sorry for her when she’s out in public with a guy who is basically the equivalent of a big piece of white canvas with a blue circle in the center, that some dope might call “Modern Art.”
But, enough about us. Instead, let’s not talk about DAVE’S YEAR IN REVIEW.
That’s not a typo. I said ‘NOT,’ because most of you don’t know me (yet), so there’s no way you care about MY YEAR IN REVIEW. You would only care if:
- I were a celebrity, surrounded by paparazzi who are documenting my every move out in public. But I’m not, so I have to actually hire pretend paparazzi to follow me with cameras and make a big fuss when I’m shopping or in a cafe, so that people think I’m some kind of famous guy but they can’t figure out who.
- I do that more often than you’d think. It sure is a lot of fun!
- Or, if I wrote about THE YEAR IN REVIEW, focusing on national and world affairs and wrote about in a hysterically funny, satirical manner, which is already DAVE BARRY’s JOB at The Miami Herald, and I can’t top him. He’s been doing it for years, and it’s one of my favorite things to read every January.
You should go read DAVE BARRY’S YEAR IN REVIEW too, but not until you’re finished here. This is why I put all links at the bottom of my posts, because I’m that helpful when it comes to you adorable readers.
YES, you all really ARE simply adorable, you know that? I could just hug you and eat you all up… NOM NOM NOM!!!
Seriously, that’s how I see you; as little children in tiny bunny ears, holding little lambs, and I get to come out and play with you every day!
Okay, well… that wasn’t creepy at all, but I’m going to wrap it up here anyway, with a warm welcome to my very first post here at my brand new home. In this home I’ll be wearing an assortment of different hats, which are…
- DAVE THE SCRIBE, where you’ll find the personal essays, like the one you’re reading at the moment.
- DAVE THE STORYTELLER, full of fiction in the form of short stories and serials.
- DAVE THE TOUR GUIDE, which is all about my Tour Guide gig and the city where I gig it, SAN FRANCISCO.
- DAVE THE POET, as a I take a brutal stab at poetry, and I do mean BRUTAL.
- I even have a GUESTROOM NOW, for writers/bloggers to jump in and post something of their own (by invitation only).
So, welcome to my new home, folks!
It’d be awesome if you could take a moment to leave a comment on the front porch on your way out, for new visitors to enjoy. Heck, go ahead and plug yourself and your blog or whatever in those comments, as long as you also have something legit to share with all of us, and you’re not just being all spammy.
Thanks for dropping in, and have a wonderful week, you cute little bunnies. NOM NOM NOM!
LINKS IN THIS POST:
- THE POETRY AND PRESENCE OF DORIAN DOREY
- THE RHODESTER CHRONICLES
- DAVE BARRY’S ‘Year In Review’ at The Miami Herald
- My TWITTER
- My FACEBOOK Page